[x264-devel] Threads parameter in x264

Karthick Kumar karthik1990r at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:56:42 CEST 2012

Hi,
      I have a doubt regarding the usage of threads parameter in x264.
1, Encode 720p and 1080p videos simultaneously on the same PC (with good
configuration)  using separate x264 encoder for each video. Settings:
veryfast,zerolatency. If I use threads as default(11 threads as returned by
x264), how the two encoders use the threads to increase the encoding speed?
2.If I play a game with high graphics along with the above scenario, how
the thread utilization in PC happens between the game and x264?