[x264-devel] x264 dll in windows

BugMaster BugMaster at narod.ru
Mon Dec 2 17:42:34 CET 2013

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:33:30 +0530, Karthick Kumar wrote:
> I try to compile x264 source code to generate the lib and dll to
> use them in visual studio 2010. I compiled using mingw tool.
> ./configure --disable-cli --enable-shared
> --extra-ldflags=-Wl,--output-def=libx264.def
>

> The generated dll has dependency on pthreadgc2.dll if threads are
> posix and dependent on libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll if threads are win32. So I
> would place those dependent files to use that x264.dll.
>   Can anyone tell, how to build x264 dll so that, there are no dependencies during runtime?

Hi. If you have both static and shared libraries you link with than you
can choose to link with static one (shared are default iirc) by
specifying -static flag for linker. In you case configure should be:

./configure --disable-cli --enable-shared --extra-ldflags="-Wl,-static -Wl,--output-def=libx264.def"

But I am not sure this will help with libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll dependecy. I
would recommend to download MinGW-W64 version that doesn't depend on
such things by default (like the one from
http://komisar.gin.by/mingw/index.html or http://files.1f0.de/mingw/)