[x264-devel] Intra-refresh usage for error resilence

Karthick Kumar karthik1990r at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 10:29:35 CET 2013

I'm trying to use intra-refresh to avoid glitches during packet loss.
When I enabled the periodic intra refresh, a vertical column moves slowly
from left to right in the video. After this refresh, only few glitches are
corrected.  Even with just 1% packet loss, 60-70% glitches are still
present after the refresh. But in the following link,
x264dev.multimedia.cx/archives/249
the intra refresh feature can be used upto 25% packet loss. Am I using
intra refresh correctly with the command:
--preset veryfast --tune zerolatency --keyint 150 --fps 30 --vbv-maxrate
5000 --vbv-bufsize 3000 --intra-refresh.

In other words, how to use intra refresh to add error resilence during
packet loss?

Thanks,
Karthick.