[x264-devel] x264 multithread predictors

Nadir Raimondo raimondo at ismb.it
Fri Jan 11 12:12:45 CET 2013

Hi Jason, thanks for your help.

I've tried with sliced-threads parameters and it seems to resolve my
problem (obviously with fps decrease). I have read that with slice-based
every frame is split into slices, each slice encoded by one thread.
I suppose that in x264, without extra parameters, each frames correspond
to a single slice so each thread encode frames sequentially and can
handle long MV.
Is it correct?

Thanks.
Nadir