[x264-devel] Patch: C89 compatibility for msvc

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 06:05:00 CET 2014

Attached is a very basic patch that just has some minor C89 conformance
changes that revolve around ensuring declarations occur at the start of a
block. These are minor changes but they allow for native msvc compilation
on Windows. This is not currently supported in the existing build chain but
as the changes are minor and do not brake any existing build chains (tested
using gcc 4.8) I though I would make them available for those who may be
interested.
The patch is tested and working for native compilation with Visual Studio
2013.