[x264-devel] How to feed motion vectors

Yves Michels yves.michels at centrale-marseille.fr
Wed Jul 22 12:19:07 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am working on video steganography in collaboration with northumbria
university. I am working with the H.264 standard. I made a program to
read and store the information about the macroblock partition and the
motion vector values, and to change the motion vectors in an AVFrame
structure. I am now trying to encode the video (with
"avcodec_encode_video2") with the macroblock partition and the motion
vectors stored in the AVFrame (instead of re-estimate these
parameters). I tryed to fix the "me_method" to ME_X1 (6) but it is not
sufficient. How to generate the bitstream (AVPacket) without estimate
the MB partition and the MV values?

Please find attached my program.

Nb : the function which write the video, "MV_ReadWrite", begin line
626, the codec information are set line 687, and the encoding loop
begin line 767.

Best regards,

Yves MICHELS.