[x264-devel] patch[1/1]: fix bug to disable altivec when set--disable-asm

rongyan rongyan236 at foxmail.com
Tue Jan 12 08:46:44 CET 2016

Hi,
 Your patch is very nice to solve one of the problems, but not all.
 There are two misses:
 1. in configure file, need to modify "=" to "==" in line 715. It is to fix the bug when --disable-asm is added, the altivec optimizaiton can be really disabled.
 2. in common/cpu.c, beside your modification, also need to look at the branch: #elif SYS_LINUX, when HAVE_ALTIVEC is disable, need to return 0. It is to fix the reporting problem.
 See my original attchment for more details.

 Thanks for your quick reply.
 Rong Yan

   The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.