[x264-devel] Is integration of x264 with Java custom component feasible?

OR151 orise1 at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Sep 5 15:24:18 CEST 2016

Dear x264 Team,

I would like to implement a custom RTMP transcoder to HLS format in Java and I found the modification of the video resolution a bit challenging in Java. My plan is to avoid using existing solutions like FFmpeg or at least minimize the amount of 3rd party frameworks/tools integrated with my component.

That's why I would like to integrate directly with x264 library via JNI from Java code. I envision that the x264 role would be to change the resolution/bitrate of Mpeg-4 files/streams.

Is integration with x264/libx264 from Java code to decrease resolution/bitrate doable and is it a good idea?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Jan Kowalski