[x264-devel] cmake based build system for x264?

Stephen Hutchinson qyot27 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:35:16 CEST 2016

On 9/12/2016 9:16 AM, Peter Steinbach wrote:
> I also invested sometime getting the
> configure file running with msys2. But without any luck. I also tried
> xcompiling with mingw from linux, but those binaries were not picked up
> by ffmpeg (which I actually need in my project). I am hoping for the
> better with cmake.

CMake isn't going to change whether FFmpeg detects libx264. That's what
PKG_CONFIG_PATH and friends are meant for.  If it fails, it's usually
for some other reason in the configuration.

https://github.com/qyot27/mpv/blob/extra-new/DOCS/crosscompile-mingw-tedious.txt

That guide is also part of the reason I feel merely having the option
of CMake is a plus.  No one's suggested replacing the current build
system, and it's good to have choices.