[x264-devel] Building libx264.a for bare-metal Cortex-M

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:05:28 CEST 2017

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Fredrik Hederstierna
<fredrik.hederstierna at verisure.com> wrote:
> I'm quite new to x264, and just did a first try to port libx264 to my ARM Cortex-M4 target board.

Just a quick question. AFAIK, x264 has no optimization for Cortex-M4
(M4 doesn't support neon, right?), so it will likely be painfully
slow. If you just want to port x264 for fun, I guess it's not a
problem, but if you have some hard performance target, then be warned
that it won't be a walk in the park....

Cheers,

Guillaume

--
Wearing a Rolex is like driving an Audi: It says you've got some
money, but nothing to say.