[x264-devel] bug report: MB-tree frametype x doesn't match actual frametype y.

M. S. nichts.als at gmx.net
Fri Jun 9 09:22:34 CEST 2017

On 2017-06-08 20:09, BugMaster wrote:
 > Found what the problem was. It appeared only when --fake-interlaced
 > and
 >   --mbtree was used with some input video heights. Try with attached
 >   patch or this build: http://rgho.st/8NvT2b25N

Thank you very much for the patch, I'll do some encoding during the
weekend and report the result afterwards.

On 2017-06-08 09:19, BugMaster wrote:
 > What CPU you use?
 > Have you overcloked your system?

I am using an old MSI Wind notebook for video encoding. It has the Intel
Atom N270 processor, like pretty much every cheap notebook of that time.
There is a setting to overclock it by up to 20%, in the BIOS.

On 2017-06-08 09:02, Henrik Gramner wrote:
 > Does this occur if you use raw video as input to x264 as well? E.g. is
 > the input to x264 the same in both passes or is the AviSynth output
 > occasionally dropping frames or something?

In my experience, it depends only on the source video. There's no
difference with/without Avisynth.

 > I would strongly recommend
 > against using XP nowadays.

We have a couple of those old Notebooks here at work, which are no
longer in use. Yes, they are slow and Win XP has had its time, but for
this purpose, they still do the job. I wanted to rule out that the Win
XP installation is so messed up that it caused the error or that there
is a hardware problem, so I took a different one and installed a Linux
version. I'll do some test encoding with that machine too.