[x264-devel] Power consumption reduction on embedded device

liying (AN) liying105 at huawei.com
Thu Dec 20 13:05:29 CET 2018

Dear Sir or Madam,

  Hi, I have been doing some experiments on x264 optimization recently, and I encountered some problems, so I would like to ask you for some help

x264 can bring us a good picture quality with a great compression ratio, but it’s power consumption on embedded devices isn’t satisfactory after I did some optimization in ME, RDO, INTRAP.

So I want to know if there are other ways to reduce power consumption or increasing the encoding speed up? Is it feasible to do something in terms of thread scheduling or VLC parallelism?

I hope to hear from you in the near future and so thank you for your attention!

sophie