[x264-devel] What can I do if I want to checkout a specified build version

Emily Bowman silverbacknet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:56:26 UTC 2021

Build versions aren't tags, although I kind of wish they were. You can
search x264.h's history for the commits that change X264_BUILD, and use
anything in between the changes, but I'm sure what you really want is the
last good rev before a breaking change.

You can use the website's search, but are you wanting command line? You can
also use:
git log -S'X264_BUILD 160' -- x264.h
and then find the previous non-breaking commits with
git log <top returned hash>
And there are ways to restrict and prettify it if you're looking for a less
manual method.

If you're using gitlab's search, you search for essentially the same string
and again just look at what the parent revision was.

-Em