[x265] x265 building failed in cygwin

chen chenm003 at 163.com
Wed Nov 13 04:54:53 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM, <idxa at sina.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have built x265 in cygwin using the following step,
1. cd x265/build/linux
2. ./make-Makefiles.bash
3. make

it shows:
Cannot export x265_cpu_cpuid: symbol not defined
Cannot export x265_cpu_cpuid_test: symbol not defined
Cannot export x265_cpu_emms: symbol not defined
My question is how to modify to let x265 support cygwin?

We primarily support MinGW for GCC on Windows, but in all likely-hood cygwin could be made to work.

Can you send me the full build log, particularly the cmake portion?  For whatever reason cpu-a.asm isn't being linked into the static lib.

Seems ABI problem, he use GCC makefile and Cygwin+Yasm use difference ABI