[x265] Compiling x265 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Selur hybrid at selur.de
Thu Nov 14 15:22:20 CET 2013

> there was a temporary build failure for a few hours today.
probably not related to my problem, since x265 never worked for me

> XCode support is currently busted but using the basic Makefile
> approach should work just fine.
will try using the Makefile again

> failed how?
I posted the whole thing over in the issue tracker, but it messed up
the formating, for a more readable version check see:
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?0a452bbedc9dcb46#jG28zt8Mnp5Rp+MSlvl+QyaPgGYYnhJpkg/wsrAHDDc=

Okay, here's what I just tried using the Makefile:
1. delete old x265 checkout
2. cloned https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265 to ~/x265 using
SourceTree
3. opened a terminal and changed into the x265/build/linux folder
4. called:
./make-Makefiles.bash
and set:
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to x86_64
leaving the rest at the default values
5. called 'c' to configure and then 'g' to generate and exit
6. called make and ended up with:

Scanning dependencies of target encoder
[  1%] Building CXX object
encoder/CMakeFiles/encoder.dir/__/Lib/TLibEncoder/NALwrite.cpp.o
/Users/selur/x265/source/Lib/TLibEncoder/NALwrite.cpp:1: error:
- -mstackrealign not supported in the 64bit mode
make[2]: ***
[encoder/CMakeFiles/encoder.dir/__/Lib/TLibEncoder/NALwrite.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [encoder/CMakeFiles/encoder.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Cu Selur