[x265] [ANN] x265 0.9 released

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Tue Apr 8 20:28:34 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Niccolò Belli
<darkbasic at linuxsystems.it> wrote:
> In data lunedì 7 aprile 2014 09:04:17, Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer ha scritto:
>> So the next milestone is already version 1.0
>
> I fear it will be simply 0.10 :-)

The next release will be 1.0, but I do not give 1.0 any special
emphasis like many projects.  0.9 was our best release by a safe
margin.  1.0 will be better than 0.9 by a safe margin, and I expect
similar improvements in 1.1.

Holding off a 1.0 tag for perfection (or even feature completion)
would be counter productive in my view.  When is an encoder ever done?

Cheers

--
Steve Borho