[x265] fix: constrained intra

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Tue Apr 15 19:43:56 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Deepthi Nandakumar
<deepthi at multicorewareinc.com> wrote:
> Thanks, verified and pushed. Do you mind including some more information on
> this option to the docs? This only affects intra decisions in inter-slices,
> I think?

As far as I know, constrained intra in HEVC is the same as it was in
AVC.  When generating intra predictions in inter blocks, only
intra-coded reference pixels are used.  Inter-coded reference pixels
are replaced with intra-coded neighbor pixels or default values.  The
general idea is to block the propagation of reference errors that may
have resulted from lossy signals.

If anyone has a better description, please speak up

--
Steve Borho