[x265] Problem with linking x265 and ffmpeg

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 19:24:43 CEST 2014

On 4/22/2014 6:13 PM, 宮村 公男 wrote:
> I have 2 question.
> 1.Why x265.pc have line which is not need?  Or in other word, why there is a line which may cause an error?

I think this is a bug in x265. It shouldn't be prefixing an absolute path with '-l'.

> 2.Even though other third party libraries does not require to be add "--pkg-config-flags=—static” option, why x265 only need to be added?

Most other software either is not C++, and thus does not
need the C++ runtime, or "work around" it by adding the C++
runtime explicitly to the returned CFLAGS, even though it
is technically wrong to do so.

I suppose it is a judgement call Steve has made?

- Derek