[x265] Another possiblity for WINXP support?

Darkmoon darkmoon at verizon.net
Wed Apr 23 17:24:30 CEST 2014

While searching on the the Kernel32.dll error message I was getting, I
found this article:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2847960/procedure-entry-point-initializeconditionvariable-could-not-be-located-in-kernel

------------------

I am running producer consumer problem( using windows thread ). It
compiling successfully but on running it showing following error

The procedure entry point InitializeConditionVariable could not located
in the dynamic library Kernel32.dll.

can u tell what would be reason

..

InitializeConditionVariable and the related condition-variable APIs are
only available on Windows Vista onwards. You could use Boost.Thread[1]
to provide a condition variable implementation which works on Windows
XP. I wrote an article on my blog[2] about how to use that for a
producer/consumer queue.

[1]http://www.boost.org/libs/thread
[2]http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/threading/implementing-a-thread-safe-queue-using-condition-variables.html

I read the Boost.Thread license agreement, and it is very liberal,
almost no restrictions at all. Perhaps the API is similar enough to
what you are working with in Windows Vista and onward that you can use
it without having to rewrite substantial amounts of code? HTH,

Jeff