[x265] patch for faster intra

dave dtyx265 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 03:44:38 CEST 2014

I am submitting a patch to implement the faster intra search suggested
by Steve Borho here:

https://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/x265-devel/2014-July/004873.html

The patch is implements the faster search in slicetype.cpp.  The same
approach can also be used in analysis.cpp but it's a little more than a
simple cut and paste though it shouldn't take long.

TEncSearch.cpp also calls intra_pred_allangs for which this is the
faster alternative but at first look, TEncSearch.cpp is more complex.
Depending on what is desired, either this search could greatly simplify
this part of TEncSearch.cpp or it might not be applicable to what
TEncSearch.cpp is doing.  I will be looking into it.

Dave