[x265] patch for faster intra

dave dtyx265 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:21:14 CEST 2014

A few other things...

In my testing of encoding a single frame where I only examined
processing of the first few CUs this search method always found the
lowest cost but cost values never followed a consistent curve with a
single low point.  Without further testing or deeper knowledge of the
angle intra modes I wouldn't guarantee the lowest cost will always be found.

Also, unfortunately my system is old and doesn't support sse4 and that
is the only level of assembler supported for intra mode predictions so I
was only able to develop and test for the c primitives.  I need to
upgrade...

Yes, there was a small performance increase that seemed larger when
encoding a single frame than a short video.  Neither produced consistent
results on my system but the new search method was slightly faster most
of the time when encoding a single frame and always faster when encoding
a short video.