[x265] SONAME and shared lib install

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Tue Feb 11 18:05:21 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Derek Buitenhuis <
derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Only sending this to here because it's very hard to catch Steve on IRC,
> since I'm in GMT.
>
> In the process of hooking up x265 to Libav/FFmpeg, I've noticed a number
> of deficiencies in x265's cmake stuff:

Ok, I'm looking into this all now.  I assume you're speaking about a Linux
target and the shared lib hasn't been disabled in cmake.

> 1) Shared library is never install.
> 2) No pkg-config file is generated or installed, despite
>    x265.pc.in existing.
> 3) No SONAME on the shared library.

These were all working at some point, testing now on my Ubuntu machine

> Before I can feasibly send the patch to Libav/FFmpeg, at the very least,
> the former two must be fixed, so it can be integrated with others'
> configure scripts properly in a platform-agnostic manner.

re: the timestamps, the dts and pts are both in the output x265_picture
returned by x265_encoder_encode()

is more required?

--
Steve Borho