[x265] Poor Development Practices

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 19:59:52 CET 2014

On 2/18/2014 6:36 PM, Steve Borho wrote:
> So when I bump X265_BUILD, ffmpeg will no longer try to compile against x265 until it is patched?  How does this work in practice?  Should I be sending patches for ffmpeg/libav when we change API?

I can currently lock it into a version range. Right now it just checks
for X265_BUILD >= 5.

The way so far with libx264 has been to bump the minimum required build.

I hope the x265 API is not too volatile -- I don't think people over at Libav
and FFmpeg will like me submitting weekly patches for API breakage.

- Derek