[x265] VUI, HRD and SEI

dave dtyx265 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 21:56:39 CET 2014

Generally, the VUI has two types of fields, those set from the cli and
those that seem like they should be calculated from the encoding
process.  At the moment, all the calculated fields only have default
values.  This includes the bitstream restriction fields, the timinginfo
stucture and HRD fields.  Some fields are SEI related though I haven't
had a chance to investigate if they simple reflect the status of SEI
structures or trigger their encoding.  Unless there is something else
that needs more attention I can continue working on this.

A couple of other things...

The vui has m_chromaSampleLocTypeTopField and
m_chromalLocTypeBottomField but I modeled the x265 cli after the x264
cli which takes one variable and assigns it to both fields.  Is that ok
or should I add setting each field to the cli?

TComPic has m_conformanceWindow and m_defaultDisplayWindow. Currently, I
don't think either is used so unless they are needed for future
development, they can probably be removed.