[x265] APPCRASH in x265 0.7+207 while encoding in preset 'slow' or slower...

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Fri Feb 21 04:49:50 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer <contact at ligh.de> wrote:
> Am 18.02.2014, 18:34 Uhr, schrieb Steve Borho <steve at borho.org>:
>

>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 8:33 AM, JMK <three4teen16 at coldmail.nu> wrote:
>>
>>> @ the MCW x265 team:
>>>
>>> wouldn't it be the time to setup a "testbot" or something?
>>>

>> we do; and we've found that the 4:4:4 changes caused problems for 10bit
>> builds that we're looking through.
>>
>> Are you using a HIGH_BIT_DEPTH build, Mario?
>

> No, a plain 8bpp 64bit Windows build (GCC 4.8.2 cross-compile).
>
> Rumours say that GCC can be over-aggressive in some optimizations.

Hi Mario,

There were a couple of bugs that were causing problems even at 8bpp.
I believe they are all resolved on the default branch tip now.  There
haven't been any GCC specific bugs since the very early days of the
project (if you don't count build breakages, which I hope are becoming
rare).

--
Steve Borho