[x265] A compiler warning and a question

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Wed Jul 9 20:28:11 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 3:04 AM, Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer <contact at ligh.de> wrote:
> v1.1+260-a1e46d813642
>
> +----
> h:/MSYS/home/Entwicklung/x265/source/Lib/TLibEncoder/TEncCu.cpp:1192:6:
> warning: unused parameter 'outBestPredYuv' [-Wunused-parameter]
>  void TEncCu::xCheckRDCostMerge2Nx2N(TComDataCU*& outBestCU, TComDataCU*&
> outTempCU, bool *earlyDetectionSkipMode, TComYuv*& outBestPredYuv, TComYuv*&
> rpcYuvReconBest)
>       ^
> h:/MSYS/home/Entwicklung/x265/source/Lib/TLibEncoder/TEncCu.cpp:1192:6:
> warning: unused parameter 'rpcYuvReconBest' [-Wunused-parameter]
> +----
>

> I made a trivial shell script to compile each both architectures (32 + 64
> bit) and precisions (8 + 16 bpc) in a sequence. I noticed that the compiling
> order can be different for different runs. Sometimes target "common" is
> handled first, sometimes "encoder". Probably nothing to worry about, just
> curious why it can be random.

If all of the Makefiles were generated by the same version of cmake,
I'm stumped by that.

It is harmless and inexplicable at the same time.  It might be
interesting to diff the Makefiles in the various folders and see if
anything interesting sticks out.  We're certainly not doing anything
deliberate to change the build order for the various configurations.

--
Steve