[x265] new link

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Wed Mar 5 20:43:55 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> As a note, on this page:
> http://x265.org/developers.html
>
> possibly you could/should add a link to
>
> http://www.videolan.org/developers/x265.html

Oh right, our videolan page is finally live.  We should do that.

On a side note, the "Encoder features" on the videolan.org page
appears to be a direct copy of the x264 list, which is, uhm, wishful
thinking in some spots and just wrong in others.  I suggest this list:

Full prediction and transform quad-tree recursion supported
Adaptive B-frame placement
B-frames as references / arbitrary frame order
CABAC entropy coding
Intra: all block types (32x32, 16x16, 8x8, 4x4, and PCM with all predictions)
Inter P: all partitions (from 64x64 down to 8x4)
Inter B: partitions from 64x64 down to 8x4 (including all merge modes
and biprediction)
Weighted prediction for P slices
Multiple reference frames
Ratecontrol: constant quantizer, constant quality, single pass ABR, optional VBV
Scenecut detection
Parallel encoding on multiple CPUs, both frame-level and wavefront parallelism

--
Steve Borho