[x265] A new screenshots comparator and loads of new x264 x265 vp8 vp9 tests

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Wed Mar 5 22:19:51 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Niccolò Belli <darkbasic at linuxsystems.it> wrote:
> In data mercoledì 5 marzo 2014 11:38:41, Steve Borho ha scritto:
>> I'd like to understand the steps you took to encode 10bit video
>
> I simply misunderstood the 16bpp flag: it doesn't enable high bit depth but
> only "16 bit variables".

When you compile with HIGH_BIT_DEPTH, the encoder will encode 10bit
streams, just as x264 does.

There was an impedance mismatch between x264 and ffmpeg which was
preventing 10bit inputs from working properly.  I sent a patch to the
ML for it this morning.  I will push it later today if no one objects.

--
Steve Borho