[x265] Recent Frames/second benchmarks per platform and per clip?

Tom Vaughan tom.vaughan at multicorewareinc.com
Fri Sep 26 22:37:17 CEST 2014

Mario,
You might want to try running encodes in the cloud.  For example, you can
rent a dual Xeon E5-2680 v2 server from Amazon EC2, running Linux, (a
c3.8xlarge instance) for spot pricing of about US $0.26/hour (spot pricing
varies, of course).  A single socket version is half the price, and there is
a range of smaller, cheaper instance types.  Linux instances are 1/6th the
price of Windows instances.  These are fast, powerful machines with lots of
memory and SSD storage, and they won't tie up your personal PC.

See http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/

Tom