[x265] Regarding changeset 8154 "vec: remove idct8, we have SSSE3 assembly for it"

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 02:39:38 CEST 2014

Hello.

Would it be too much to ask to get this reverted, or ported to yasm
syntax and reintroduced to the tree?
The fact there's an SSSE3 implementation of the same function isn't reason
enough to remove an implementation for an older instruction set.
There are several AMD cpus out there that support only up to SSE3, including
many quad and hexa core, and this commit means a performance hit for them.

And for that matter, was it really SSE3? It seems to me that it only uses
SSE2 intrinsics/instructions.

Regards.