[x265] Next steps on my road map

Xinyue Lu maillist at 7086.in
Thu Apr 9 10:34:23 CEST 2015

Hi Tom (and also Steve),

I first would like to thank you for developing that wonderful tool.

I fully understand that you would like to focus on the core. And
that's why I'm asking beforehand so I will have an idea which patches
need to be submitted to you.
I am looking to make x265 as powerful as x264, i.e. decoding and
encoding videos in one step. I personally use make / rake style
automated scripts to encode videos, thus having these abilities
(including demuxers, muxers, and logging into file) within the command
line interface are more important to me.

I'm absolutely happy to keep these patches in my own repo. I just
wanna make sure if some of the patches are that you are (or will be)
looking for.

- - -

Hi Steve,

Logging into file function, is to log whatever information on the
console into a log file.

For example, the parameters, input, output, and final encoding status
will be copied into a text file.

It's more like a CLI only patch. I was not thinking about callbacks
from the core. The patch meant to be applied on the general_log
function which also fputs the messages into the log file.

- - -

Thanks,
Xinyue