[x265] x265 docs: CSS fails completely in Opera 12, HTTPS is too secure ; -)

Mario Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Fri Aug 14 19:40:07 CEST 2015

For a little while now, Opera 12 is not anymore able to render the x265
documentation correctly.

http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/default/

The sytlesheet is completely ignored, the page displayed like pure HTML
without any styles.

I found that the reason is the stylesheets being loaded via HTTPS from a
server which supports only the most secure ciphers, and the outdated Opera
12 is unable to establish a secure connection because it misses ciphers
with such long hashes...

https://media.readthedocs.org/css/readthedocs-doc-embed.css

On one hand, yes, Opera 12 is outdated; I just keep using it because I'm
waiting for a similar wholesome web suite to be released (maybe Vivaldi
will do it some day). But on the other hand ... insecure connection via
HTTP (no forced connection upgrade to HTTPS) to load the main documents,
but secure connection for the stylesheets, that's a little suspicious to
me. :-p

{ Disclaimer: Don't take this report too serious. }

--

Fun and success!
Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer
mailto:contact at ligh.de