[x265] Adaptove GoP sizes - not sure if its working

Deepthi Nandakumar deepthi at multicorewareinc.com
Mon Aug 24 06:27:23 CEST 2015

If you need more details, you can look through slicetype.cpp::scenecut. We
recently changed the algorithm slightly.

a) A scenechange flag is set based purely on frame content changes and
scenecut threshold.
b) At the time of slicetype decision, for all "scene changed" frames the
distance from last keyframe is taken into account. The further away it is,
the more likely the current "scene changed" frame will be an I frame. If
this condition is not satisfied, it may become a P frame (with a likely
large framesize).

You can log how these flags change, and see how the adaptive GOP is
determined for each video.