[x265] Adaptove GoP sizes - not sure if its working

Deepthi Nandakumar deepthi at multicorewareinc.com
Mon Aug 24 06:37:37 CEST 2015

Greg,

I'm not so sure.

>From the HEVC book by Mathias Wein: " A CVS denotes the coded
representation of a sequence of pictures which can be decoded without
reference to pictures not belonging to the same coded video sequence. A
bitstream can consist of one or more coded video sequences".

This is the same as the distance between 2 consecutive IDR frames (e.g. the
case of a closed GOP). GOP has a looser definition - the distance between 2
consecutive I/IDR frames.