[x265] I can not download x265 source code

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Tue Jan 13 12:30:12 CET 2015

On 12/12, ????????? wrote:
> HI! I'm x264 user.
>
> I want to download x265 source code.
>
> but I can not download x265 source cod like this

The suggested method is to clone the Mercurial repository at
https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265.

If that is somehow impossible, get a tar-ball by going to
https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/downloads and click on the
'branches' tab and pick stable or default, or chose one of the tags on
the tags tab.

For future releases, we'll be hosting tarballs since Bitbucket's
download mechanism is not including the version information we need to
compile version numbers into the built libraries and executables.

--
Steve Borho