[x265] scaling failed: height must be an integer

Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Mon Jul 27 15:59:44 CEST 2015

Hi Zsolt.

This is not an x265 issue, specifically.

You may have been lucky that your original dimensions returned an even
number as height when you scaled to a width of 1280 pixels. But when you
scaled to a width of 1920 pixels, your height would possibly have to be
scaled to an odd number, which is not allowed in YUV 4:2:0 subsampling.

I don't know how to force swscaler in ffmpeg to return at least "MOD 2"
results; but x265 is not to be blamed.

--

Fun and success!
Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer