[x265] intrapred sse2

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Thu Mar 5 18:50:49 CET 2015

On 03/05, dave wrote:
> I can resubmit patches for intra pred sse2 not yet accepted based on
> the new tip if that is helpful.  Either all in one patch or
> individually if that is preferred.  So far, dc4, 8, 16, 32 and
> planar8 for intrapred16.asm and dc32 and planar8 for intrapred8.asm.
> I also have planar16 ready.

Please re-submit individually as a series; I can import them together
but that way we still have the individual commits for bisecting
problems.

Also, since we have full intra coverage at SSE4, it is ok to favor the
performance on your CPU over what Min is reporting on his for SSE2.

> Also, intrapred8.asm is now 1.1 m and over 32k lines and doesn't
> have avx or avx2 yet.  Perhaps it could be broken up into
> intrapred8<simd version>.asm?

Indeed, but I can't recommend the best way to split it.  What do you
suggest, Min?

--
Steve Borho