[x265] Building on Cygwin

Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Wed Nov 4 16:19:33 CET 2015

Am 04.11.2015, 16:09 Uhr, schrieb Steve Borho <steve at borho.org>:

> I think the simplest answer is that on Windows we only support native
> GCC (as MinGW with MSYS make and shell) or Visual Studio 2010 and above.
>
> We do not test cygwin builds, if it works it is completely accidental.

Wouldn't cygwin be slightly less efficient than more native Windows builds
anyway, due to another OS abstraction layer? I believe cygwin is the
better solution when a certain level of compatibility to Unix like shells
(POSIX syntax) is required, but x265 should not need that.

--

Fun and success!
Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer
mailto:contact at ligh.de