[x265] Adaptove GoP sizes - not sure if its working

Roshantha Mendis hrm506 at york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 5 23:05:14 CEST 2015

Hi Xinyue,

okay I will try r400 and r450 in that order..maybe tomorrow.

I am using an action scene from the Matrix movie. 15 mins.

But actually the behaviour is the same for all video streams i've tested
on. Which was why I thought perhaps I am using the parameters incorrectly,
or maybe its a feature.

thanks
Rosh

On 5 October 2015 at 21:46, Xinyue Lu <maillist at 7086.in> wrote:

> Hi Rosh,
>
> If you have some spare time, could you please test on the versions
> around 1.7+400 and 1.7+450?
>
> I thought the patches in question were around +435, so maybe you can
> find something interesting by testing and comparing +400 and +450.
>
> I'll also prepare some material for testing.
>
> Thanks,
> Xinyue
>

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Roshantha Mendis <hrm506 at york.ac.uk>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed another person seeing the constant GoP artifact in another
> > thread..
> >
> > I'm using version :
> >
> > x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 1.7+431-f63273fa3137
> > x265 [info]: build info [Linux][GCC 4.8.4][64 bit] 8bit
> > x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX AVX2
> > FMA3 LZCNT BMI2
> >

> > thanks
> > Rosh

Rosh Mendis