[x265] Motion.cpp PATCH Analysis summary

N Vijay Anand nvijay.anand at trispacetech.com
Thu Aug 4 00:06:43 CEST 2016

1. Use of 4 best motion vectors helps in improving
    final bmv about 25% times in simulation.
    i.e 25% times there is a lesser bcost, bmv found
    than with 1 best motion vector.
    This provides better coding efficiency, and for
     100 frames HD seq. (jogging_girl) statistics
    changes from 1-I frame, 46 - Pframe, 53-BFrame
    to 1 I-frame, 45-Pframe, 54 -B frame.

2. 4 is ideal, as more is compute expensive.
    This is number can be hardcoded as a const.
3. BD-PSNR BD-SSIM is same/slightly better with this
    improvements.    But no degradation.

--
Principal Architect and Director,
TriSpace Technologies Pvt Ltd.,