[x265] Please try to visualize motion search methods

Mario Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Sun Dec 4 21:11:23 CET 2016

Only you, as the developers, will know which geometrical shapes the
different motion search methods will use, only you can give us a visual
impression how many samples in which direction and which distance will be
considered for each method.

I tried for a long time to find diagrams in the web, but this is a topic
where my experience with Google image search fails. "A picture is worth a
thousand words" - this proverb fits here better than ever.

And, by the way, I believe the CLI help is improvable for this line:

    --me <string>                 Motion search method dia hex umh star
full. Default 1

a) There should be a delimiter between the explanation and the set of
valid options; I guess you will have a common syntax.

b) The default value is an integer here, but the option type is documented
as "string".

--

Fun and success!
Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer