[x265] [ANN] x265 2.0 released
deepthi at multicorewareinc.com
Wed Jul 13 16:02:49 CEST 2016
x265 version 2.0 has been released. This release supports many new features
as well as support for ARM assembly optimizations for most basic pixel and
ME operations, as well as SAO cleanups and a fully tested reconfigure
Full documentation is available at http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/stable/
=========================================== New Features
- uhd-bd: Enable Ultra-HD Bluray support
- rskip: Enables skipping recursion to analyze lower CU sizes using
heuristics at different rd-levels. Provides good visual quality gains at
the highest quality presets.
- rc-grain: Enables a new ratecontrol mode specifically for grainy
content. Strictly prevents QP oscillations within and between frames to
avoid grain fluctuations.
- tune grain: A fully refactored and improved option to encode film
grain content including QP control as well as analysis options.
- asm: ARM assembly is now enabled by default, native or cross compiled
builds supported on armv6 and later systems.
==================================== API and Key Behaviour Changes
- x265_rc_stats added to x265_picture, containing all RC decision points
for that frame
- PTL: high tier is now allowed by default, chosen only if necessary
- multi-pass: First pass now uses slow-firstpass by default, enabling
better RC decisions in future passes
- pools: fix behaviour on multi-socketed Windows systems, provide more
flexibility in determining thread and pool counts
- ABR: improve bits allocation in the first few frames, abr reset, vbv
and cutree improved
- An SSIM calculation bug was corrected
Engineering Manager, x265
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the x265-devel