[x265] Ghosting/artifacts even with low CRF

Rômulo Silva rsilva2k5 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 00:19:08 CEST 2016

Some more info on the issue.

I updated my x265 encoder to 1.9+167 and tested the same sample with the
same parameters (CRF 21, 10-Bit, preset slower) with --no-recursion-skip as
the only additional parameter.

x265 hardsub sample [--no-recursion-skip]:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lx98hc6n5b40db2/hardsub+test+norecursionskip.mkv

The result is much better compared to not using the --no-recursion-skip
parameter, but there's still some ghosting on both books in the scene
around the letters. File size is around 10% bigger, and encoding time was
more or less 50% slower just like pointed out here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1767551#post1767551

Thanks again,

R.S.