[x265] x265-devel Digest, Vol 40, Issue 26

chen chenm003 at 163.com
Wed Sep 28 17:35:20 CEST 2016

Hello Xuefeng,

I understand your concept, I just said your algorithm output result close to average of slice base QP, but through complicated compute.

Regards,
Min

At 2016-09-28 13:59:13,xuefeng <xuefeng at multicorewareinc.com> wrote:

hello Min,
Thanks for your reply.

a)
deltaQp = sliceQp - ppsQp
ppsQp is saved in PPS and deltaQp is saved in bitstream.
In fact, I don't calculate new QP, but calculate a best delta for ppsQP and deltaQp without changing sliceQp.
For example,  deltaQp = 14(cost 4 bits),  sliceQp = 40, and ppsQp = 26
If we set deltaQp = 14 - 14 = 0 ( cost 1 bits)  and ppsQp = 26 + 14 = 40,  sliceQp is still 40.  Then we save 3 - 1 = 2 bits in bitstream for each slice.

b)
I have change QP Range with range extension. Please see this patch.

Regards,

             Xuefeng Jiang

xuefeng at multicorewareinc.com

Message: 3