[x265] Problems compiling the HEVC cpp code

Mario Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Sat Apr 29 15:42:48 CEST 2017

I don't know how much is already available as platform specifically
optimized assembler; there are surely optimizations for intel CPU's
(several complex SIMD extensions), some for PPC AltiVec, and some for ARM
(armv6l). What's not available in assembler, should be compiled as C/C++
routines, relying on compiler optimizations, I hope. But only the
developers will know for sure, my knowledge here is limited.

Please check the subdirectories in the "build" directory, which of the
provided solutions may be the most similar to your platform, I guess the
"linux" one when using GCC 6.x? Special handling for intel CC, CLang, or
xcode is available too. Surely not the MSVC versions, though! :D

In case of doubt, wait for competent replies, please. *blush*