[x265] FR: Postpone Windows 10 update reboots during encodes by signaling "busy"?

Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Wed Jun 13 08:35:27 CEST 2018

Request by 'Stereodude' in the doom9 forum:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1844407#post1844407

+----
Is there any way to x265 to let Windows know that it's busy encoding to
prevent a Windows update from rebooting the PC during an encode? I
thought I read before that there's a way for an application to let the
OS know it's "busy" so that it won't reboot while the application is
crunching away.

Currently Windows 10 will happily reboot mid x264 or x265 encode even if
the CPU is pegged at 100%.
+----

I wonder if you could use the ShutdownBlockReasonCreate function to
postpone it:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376877%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

And which window handle would you use for a CLI application?