[x265] Passing multiple images to x265 CLI

Daniele Medda drummedda at yahoo.it
Sun Jun 24 12:22:20 CEST 2018

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a research paper for my university and I'm trying to get
multiple images encoded by x265. I'll try to explain a little bit
better: I have 100 frames saved as single .tiff images and I would like
to get them converted in a x265 movie with a framerate of 30 fps. I have
tried passing them as <image_%04d.tiff> and also as <image_*.tiff>, but
x265 keeps stopping at frame number 2 with the following warning:

x265 [warning]: extra unused command arguments given <image_0002.tiff>

Is there a way to get this conversion done?

I'm working with x265 v 2.3 (I need to use this version for research
reasons) on Linux, compiled from sources with 10 bits support.

Thanks for the future help.

Daniel