[x265] How to use vbv-end and vbv-init for chunked encoding

Aruna Matheswaran aruna at multicorewareinc.com
Wed Mar 7 15:28:56 CET 2018

 Hi,

 vbv-init specifies the portion of the vbv buffer which must be available
before the encoder begins encoding and * vbv-end* denotes the portion of
the vbv buffer that must be available after all the specified frames have
been inserted into the vbv buffer.
Therefore, while encoding multiple chunks in parallel and merging them into
a single stream, *vbv-init of any chunk should be the same as the vbv-end
of its previous chunk*. If vbv-end of chunk X is less than vbv-init of
chunk X+1, there are chances for the buffer to overflow.

Thanks,
Aruna