[x265] Blocking on edges in most recent x265 commit

Orth, Blake Blake_Orth at comcast.com
Thu Mar 14 01:57:24 CET 2019

I just ran some short encodes with the most recent version of x265 from the mercurial repo and I'm seeing some odd blocking happening at hard edges with motion.  I reverted to changeset:   12496:d97a256d46a7 (x86 primitive for ssim-rd) and the issue does not seem to be present in this version.  I haven't had a chance to do a deep analysis of the video yet, but the blocks that are erroneous look large - probably an entire 64x64 CTU.

-Blake