[x265] [ANN] x265 is migrating to Git!

Christopher Degawa ccom at randomderp.com
Thu Feb 6 02:11:51 CET 2020

Question, once bitbucket removes all mercurial repositories, will x265_git
stay as x265_git, or will it be renamed to x265 to replace the mercurial
repository?

Next, will there be a guide on how to contribute for the git repo and
details on how the two vcs systems will work together?
For example:
- Will you accept git send-email or git format-patch emails?
- Will there be a chance that the mercurial and git repo to be out of sync?
If so, is there a plan on what to do in those cases? (Will the git repo be
rebased on the mercurial one, etc)

Also, I'm a bit curious on how you guys did a repo conversion and how you
plan to keep them in sync